第一单元第一篇
\,the 17th century British scholar. “良言不费分文,但价值甚大,”托马斯说丰满,17th世纪英国学者。
They serve to give encouragement and smooth away differences and misunderstandings, as this article explains. 他们服役给予鼓励和克服差异和误解,因为这篇文章解释了。
\her neighbor.
“也许当我一百岁时,我就会习惯吃我做的一切视为理所当然,”一个年轻的家庭主妇被任命她的邻居。
\.\ “如果法案恭维我,偶尔也好,他会使我的生活更幸福。”
Few of us realize how much we need encouragement. 我们很少有人意识到我们是多么需要鼓励的。
Yet we must bask in the warmth of approval now and then or lose our self-confidence. 但是我们仍然必须沐浴在温暖的批准,否则现在失去自己的自信。
All of us need to feel needed and admired. 我们都需要去感觉需要和赞赏。
But unless we hear words of praise from someone else,how can we know that we are valued friends or co-workers?
但是如果我们听到别人的赞扬之词,我们怎样才能知道我们有价值的朋友或同事呢? Anyone who wants to improve his relationships with others need only show a sympathetic understanding. 任何人想要提高自己的和其他人的关系之间只需要显示一个有同情心的理解。
The way to express this understanding and to give others the feeling of importance and worthiness boils down to this:always look for something in the other person you can admire and praise--and tell him about it.
这种理解的方式来表达,给别人的感觉,重要性和价值归结为:总是寻找一些其他的人,你可以欣赏和赞美——告诉他这件事。
We each have a mental picture of ourselves,a self-image. 我们每个人都有自己的脑海里,一个自我形象。
To find life reasonably satisfying,that self-image must be one we live with,one we can like. 去发现生活相当满足、自我形象必须是一个我们生活在一起的人,一个我们可以像。
When we are proud of our self-image,we feel confident and free to be ourselves. 当我们以我们的队伍为荣的自我形象,我们相信自由是我们自己。
We function at our best. 我们最好的一面。我们功能
When we are ashamed of our self-image,we attempt to hide it rather than express it. 当我们自觉惭愧我们自己,我们尝试把它藏起来,而不是把它表达出来。
We become hostile and hard to get along with.
我们变得敌意和很难相处。
A miracle happens to the person whose self-esteem has been raised. 会发生奇迹的人的自尊已经复活了。
He suddenly likes other people better. 他突然喜欢其他的人更好地。
He is kinder and more cooperative with those around him. 他是仁慈和更多的合作与他周围的那些人。
Praise is the polish that helps keep his self-esteem bright and sparkling. 赞美是波兰才使他的自尊心明亮晶莹剔透。
What has this to do with your giving praise? 这有什么用你的赞美?
A lot.You have the ability to perform that kind of miracle in another person. 一个lot.You有能力执行这样的奇迹在另一个人。
When you add to his self-esteem,you make him want to like you and to cooperate with you. 当你加入他的自尊,你让他想爱你,与你携手合作。
In a classic bit of advice,Lord Chesterfield suggested to his son that he fellow the example of the Duck de Nivernois:\will perceive that he makes people pleased with him by making them first pleased with themselves.\
在一个经典的一些建议,主切斯特了他的建议,他的儿子为例Nivernois鸭德:“你会认识到他使人满意他通过使他们第一次满意自己。”
The effects of praise can be great indeed. 赞美的影响可以确定无疑。
A new minister called to a church jokingly referred to as \ its coolness toward strangers.
一个新部长被召到教堂开玩笑地称为“冰箱”,决定不指责他的会众面前它对于陌生人冷淡。
Instead,he beban welcoming visitors from the pulpit and telling his flock how friendly they were. 相反,他beban接待来访者从讲坛,告诉自己的羊群怎样友好他们。
Time after time he held up a picture of the church as he wanted it to be,giving his people a reputation to live up to. 一次又一次地让他举起了一幅巨大的教堂,因为他想做的,让他百姓的名声,使其与之相配。
The congregation thawed. 会众解冻。
\“赞扬改变了颗冰块或成员带入人类温情的,”他说。
Sincerity is essential in giving praise. 真诚的赞美是十分必要的。
It lends potency to a compliment. 它把一个恭维。效力
Coming home after a hard day's work ,the man who sees the faces of his children pressed against the window,watching for him,can water his soul with their silent but golden opinion.
回家后,一天的辛苦工作的人,看到他的孩子们的脸紧贴着窗外,看着他,他们自己的灵魂能水无声但黄金的意见。
Praise helps rub off the sharp edges of daily contact. 赞美有助于掉色刀边上的日常联系。
Nowhere is this truer than in marriage. 没有哪个国家比在婚姻。
Yet it is perhaps in the home that the value of praise is less appreciated than elsewhere. 然而,这也许是在家里的价值比其他地方更少感谢赞美。
The spouse who is alert to say the heartening thing at the right moment has learned one of the most important requirements for a happy family life.
配偶谁是提醒说令人振奋的事情正好学会最重要的条件之一,一个幸福的家庭生活。
Children ,especially,are hungry for praise,reassurance and appreciation. 儿童,特别是,都渴望赞美,安全感和欣赏。
A young mother told her pastor of a heartrending incident: 一位年轻的母亲告诉她的牧师令人伤感的事:
\ “我的小男孩常常言语,我不得不骂他。
But one day he has been especially good. 但是有一天,他一直特别好。
That night,after I trucked him in bed and started downstairs,I heard him crying. 那天晚上,我躺在床上,开始交换他下楼时,我听到他在哭。
I found his head buried in the pillow. 我发现他的头埋在枕头里。
Between sobs he asked,'Mommy,haven't I been a pretty boy today?'\他啜泣之间问道:“妈妈,我还没成为一个漂亮的男孩,今天好吗?”
\ “这个问题经过我像刀子一样,”妈妈说。
\ “我已很快纠正他当他做错了,可是当他的表现之后,我没注意到。
I had put him to bed without a word of praise.\ 我已经把他放到床没有一句赞扬。”
Take the trouble to find something to commend in your child,and you will discover that both his ability and attitude will improve.
不嫌麻烦来找点东西来表彰在你的孩子,你会发现他个人的能力和态度会提高。
Encouragement though praise is the most effective method of getting people to do their best. 鼓励虽然赞美是最有效的方法让人们尽了自己最大的努力。
As artists find joy in giving beauty to others,so anyone who masters the art of praising will find that it blesses the giver as much as the receiver.
作为艺术家找到快乐美丽给别人,所以谁掌握了艺术的赞扬会发现它不但赐福施予者一样多接收器。
There is truth in the saying,\ 真理是存在的﹐在说:“花离开他们的部分香味赋予他们的手。”
第一单元第三篇
I never learned hate at home, or shame. 我从未听说过恨在家里或羞耻。
I had to go to school for that. 我不得不去上学的。
I was about seven years old when I got my first big lesson. 我大约七岁的时候,我得到了我的第一个重要的一课。
I was in love with a little girl named Helene Tucker, a light-complexioned little girl with pigtails and nice manners. 我爱上了一个小女孩名叫海伦塔克,一个小女孩light-complexioned辫子又好的礼貌。
She was always clean and she was smart in school. 她总是干净,她在学校是聪明的。
I think I went to school then mostly to look at her. 我想我去学校然后主要是看她。
I brushed my hair and even got me a little old handkerchief. 我拂去我的头发,甚至让我有点陈旧的手帕。
It was a lady's handkerchief, but I didn't want Helene to see me wipe my nose on my hand. 这是一个女士的手帕,但我不想让海伦看我擦擦鼻子在我的手上。
The pipes were frozen again, there was no water in the house, but I washed my socks and shirt every night. 管子再次被冻结了,没有水在那栋房子,但我洗了我的袜子和衬衣的每一个晚上。
I'd get a pot, and go over to Mister Ben's grocery store, and stick my pot down into his soda machine and scoop out some chopped ice.
我会得到一个锅,去先生本的杂货店,并把我的锅下入自己的汽水机,挖出一些切碎的冰。
By evening the ice melted to water for washing. 至傍晚,冰融化的水清洗。
I got sick a lot that winter because the fire would go out at night before the clothes were dry. 我生病了很多冬季,因为火会在晚上出门之前,衣服就干。
相关推荐: